Par David Kaye
Format : format 22 cm × 28,5 cm, couverture rigide, 180 pages.
Prix : 55,00 €
Livre en anglais.
A complete guide to performing magic for children. New York’s top kid show magician, Featured on television, in newspapers, and magazines, shares his secrets of success. Featuring six never-before published routines, 27 secrets of funnier routines, 7 essays, plus 21 tips to keep parents from talking during your show ! All this and more allows you to work more, and make more money !
- Turn your show into non-stop laughter with the techniques you’ll discover only in this book.
- Learn the psychology behind children’s behavior and how to apply that to a successful show.
- Unlock the top 10 keys to performing memorable children’s magic.
- Get the secrets to making parents laugh too, so you get hired again and again !
- Discover simple steps that make kids demand you for their party.
- Understand the differences in performing for different aged children.
- Six steps to getting the most entertainment from a child volunteer.
- Solving the tip 19 problems of performing for children.
This is the first time David has released his routines to the magic community. These are his favorite routines form his hugely successful show. These will be the funniest routines you have ever performed.
- Five minutes with a Milk Pitcher that will change your show completely.
- The funniest Mis-Made Flag routine you have ever seen.
- Win your audience over with a charming routine to perform with very shy children, even 3-year olds can be stars with this trick.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to create your own hilarious routines.
David Kaye is a full-time professional magician and writes a monthly column about performing magic for children in MAGIC magazine. His shows have been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, and even the Late Show With David Letterman. He performs more than 300 shows a year !
What People Are Saying :
“You could fill a book with what I don’t know about doing magic for children. As it happens, David Kaye, master of magic for the miniature set, has done just that and far more. He has written a terrific book full of eye-opening ideas about ‘how to entertain children with magic and comedy’, as the book’s subtitle plainly labels it. Quite possibly the smartest book ever written about that form — be it hobbyist, part-timer, or full-time professional. But having read it I can assure you that there is no magician on the planet, no matter your specialty, who will not derive immeasurable if unexpected benefit from reading this book.”
Jamy Ian Swiss, Genii, The Conjurors’ Magazine
“David Kaye is the real deal. He has been a professional children’s entertainer for more than 18 years, and during that time he has performed more than 7,000 shows. David has now assembled his thoughts on kid’s show magic in a marvelous book titled Seriously Silly. This book may well become the definitive resource on this type of magic. Seriously Silly is a tremendously valuable book, containing insights that only come from years of experience. For the kid’s show performer, it is indispensable. Highly recommended.
Michael Close, MAGIC Magazine
“There is no book regarding the performance of magic for adults that is the equal of David Kaye’s Seriously Silly. The psychological insight the author has regarding his young audience is staggering. Seriously silly offers lessons in performance and psychology that every performer, whether working for children or adults, can use to greatly enhance their shows. I don’t publish many books these days, but I had no choice here : Seriously Silly is the best book ever written on how to perform magic effectively.”